There are many ways to describe what happens in a therapy session but to keep it simple one way of looking at the process is that it is a means of making a difference to your health and well being when life or circumstances spiral out of control. Counseling can change perceptions, feelings, and thoughts. Life can sometimes deal us very difficult things to deal with and finding someone who can help is essential.
• An initial assessment to determine what is wrong and what can be done about it
• Exploration of the problem
• Ways of changing thinking, feeling and behaviours
• Support and encouragement
• Examinining what can sabotage or halt the recovery process
• An introduction to what is available to support and help going forward
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside dreams, Who looks inside awakes"........................Carl Jung